OrthoAspen offers expert sports medicine in a convenient location.
The orthopedic issues and injuries that athletes experience are unique. At OrthoAspen, we specialize in offering sports medicine treatment that addresses the special factors involved when treating athletes of all levels. Perhaps it’s because many of our doctors are also athletes themselves. We understand that for many of our patients, active pursuits aren’t just a pastime; they are core to our active mountain lifestyle. And our patients expect care that prioritizes restoring their physical abilities, enabling them to return to their chosen activities quickly.
As sports medicine experts, OrthoAspen has extensive experience treating sports injuries, utilizing state-of-the-art technology and innovative approaches, including conservative treatment and physical therapy. Our expertise with sports medicine treatment and our ability to customize treatment plans results in a more effective, knowledgeable and personal approach to orthopedic care.
Orthopedic Conditions that Commonly Affect Athletes
Expertise in sports medicine means exceptional treatment of the specific injuries and conditions that athletes are prone to experience. Patients suffering from each of the following orthopedic issues can be paired with a physician at OrthoAspen specialized in treating their particular condition. For each of the major orthopedic areas, we’ve included just a few of the many conditions we treat:
- Knee and Lower Leg:
- ACL sprains and tears
- Meniscal cartilage tears
- Patellar tendonitis
- Shoulder and Elbow:
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Clavicle fractures
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Hip and Upper Leg:
- Hip flexor strains
- Tailbone injuries
- Pelvic avulsion fractures
- Foot and Ankle:
- Ankle sprains, strains and fractures
- Arch pain
- Broken ankles
- Back and Spine:
- Herniated disc
- Back pain
- Spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis
What Sets OrthoAspen Apart?
Are you suffering from an injury (such as those listed above) experienced during athletic activity? Has your athletic activity been severely compromised by an ongoing orthopedic issue? If the answer to either of these questions is yes, then you need care from a sports medicine specialist.
But what sets the team at OrthoAspen apart from other sports medicine physicians? Here are a few of the reasons why so many Aspen-area athletes turn to our specialists for their care.
- OrthoAspen features board-certified, fellowship-trained sports medicine physicians, certified athletic trainers, and a nursing staff with extensive experience in sports medicine.
- To ensure comprehensive care, hospital physical therapists assist physicians with patient care as part of their treatment plan.
- Our physicians are trained in the latest technologies, including the Mako Total System for partial and total joint replacement.
- Our sports medicine physicians are themselves accomplished athletes, ensuring knowledgeable, compassionate care.
- Our convenient location in the Aspen area allows for immediate care for injured athletes without the need to travel long distances to Denver or other major cities.
At OrthoAspen, our patients run the spectrum of active seniors following their grandkids down The Burn to Olympic and high-performance athletes. Our sports medicine physicians are in tune with the needs of all of our active patients. Our priority is to get them back to the sporting pursuits they love with the least downtime possible and to see them back on the slopes and trails of the Roaring Fork Valley—or on ESPN! To learn more about OrthoAspen or to schedule an appointment, contact us today.