Areas of Specialty: Pain Medicine, Musculoskeletal Care, Interventional Spine, Sports Medicine, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Education: BS, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI.; MD, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI.
Residency: University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Denver, CO
Fellowship: ACGME Pain Fellowship, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Denver, CO
Certifications & Titles: BC/BE American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, American Board of Anesthesiology – Pain Medicine
Dr. Anderson was born and raised in the midwest near his alma mater, the University of Wisconsin. He obtained his medical degree at the Medical College of Wisconsin and completed residency training at the University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus in Denver. There he served as the Chief Resident of the program before completing fellowship training in Pain Medicine and serving as a Clinical Instructor in the department.
During his time at Anschutz, he spent four years at the Spine Center taking care of patients with complex spine and sports issues, serving as the team physician for the University of Denver’s Division I women’s soccer, basketball, volleyball and lacrosse teams.
He has also worked with elite athletes at the University of Colorado Champions Center in Boulder and UCHealth as the official healthcare partner of the Denver Broncos, Colorado Rockies, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, and other local sports teams.
Dr. Anderson is an expert in ultrasound and fluoroscopically-guided (X-ray) procedures and specializes in nonoperative care for disorders of the bones, nerves, joints, and muscles.
Dr. Anderson has a passion for machine learning and artificial intelligence and is currently involved in a Google-funded research project. New to the Aspen area, Dr. Anderson looks forward to hiking, skiing and enjoying all the mountains have to offer.
“My passion is caring for patients suffering from musculoskeletal conditions, including spine and sports injuries, using every available tool to help folks get back to their highest level of function.
Compassion, quality of life and patient-focused care are central to my philosophy. I strive to treat my patients like family. Every person has a unique story, a special set of circumstances that brought them here, and I enjoy working with patients on a treatment plan to achieve their best outcome and highest goals.”
- Steroid, PRP (platelet-rich plasma), stem cell, and viscosupplementation injections (GelOne, Supartz, Orthovisc, and others)
- Radiofrequency ablation (rhizotomy) and medial branch blocks for the lumbar, thoracic, sacroiliac and cervical spine
- Epidural steroid injections, interlaminar or transforaminal
- Knee, hip, shoulder, other joint and peri-tendinous injections
- Facet injections for the lumbar, thoracic and cervical spine
- EMG/NCS (electromyography and nerve conduction studies)
- Trigger point injections for myofascial pain
- Ultrasound-guided injections (lateral epicondylitis, carpal tunnel, greater trochanteric bursa, pes anserine bursa, retrocalcaneal bursa, and more)
- Botox – intramuscular injections
Dr. Anderson has received numerous accolades for excellence in patient care and research, including the following:
- Senior Resident Impact Award, University of Colorado
- Chief Resident Service Award, University of Colorado
- Humanism & Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Colorado
- AAP Best Paper Award, Physiatry 2019, AAP Program Committee
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, University of Colorado
- A Mile Above: Peer Recognition, Children’s Hospital of Colorado
- Rehabilitation Humanism Award, University of Colorado Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- AAPM&R National Ambassador, University of Colorado Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation